Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13

Henna, just because.








Today I stopped by this shop in the mall near my house and got a henna tattoo!


I have wanted to get one for quite some time and today was the day!




I think it looks so pretty! My apologies, the pictures aren't the greatest!




Well, traditionally henna is worn on the hands on brides and mothers to be. I am neither. I just love how it looks and I know that it will inspire me to be artistic! I am going to experiment with some india-ink and my airbrush! I think I will start small.


The henna starts out as a dark brown paste. As soon as it was dry to the slight touch, Brandy put a lemon juice and sugar paste mixture on top to help the color develop and stain. I left it on for about four hours before rinsing it off with cool water. No scubbing, just used my finger tips.





No comments:

Post a Comment